Thursday, December 9, 2010

UFO Club: 26

no I am not drinking beer one at a time now, although it looks like it.  I blog my beers per visit so when I only have one beer I only blog about one beer.  okay so now that that (ha!) is taken care of....




I knew I didn't like it when people celebrated Christmas in November....yes I had this beer in November if you are wondering, I'm not that crazy. But I did not like it!  Anchor puts out a Christmas Ale annually, this brew (the 2010 brew) is the 36th annual Christmas Ale.  All I could think of as I drank this beer was NUTMEG!  tons and tons of nutmeg....so I guess if you are a fan of nutmeg flavor you will enjoy this beer.  nutmeg is also the Christmas tie in here in case you are wondering, I don't really get it but I don't cook Christmas dinners or desserts so maybe nutmeg is the spice of choice in those such items....i don't know.  There is a fruity bite to this beer as well, a cranberry or cherry taste - couldn't distinguish between the two.  (so I take notes while tasting the beers so I can accurately blog about my experience.  on this card i wrote anchor [female sign] less O.S.H., [male sign] better than O.S.H. I have no clue what that means now.  but if you can decipher - knock your socks off!)  Anchor brewery is located in San Francisco, home of the gays and a big red bridge! ...and other things I am sure, but I have never been!  Also this brewery takes careful consideration on how it designs it's bottles for the eight different beer varieties.  Def check out their website about the history of the design if interested!  Again this beer is cool but just isn't for me.  Too malty!  Too....ugh.....it's that after-taste that gets me every time, I can't do it.  I want to like this beer though and look forward to trying more from this brewery.


PS - this was the first time I used the Flying Saucer's new touch screen for the UFO Club receipt print....they have this in Houston so I guess it was my second time but my first in San Antonio! Rad!

xo

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Abbey.

Nutmeg is basically the best thing ever. GET WITH THE PROGRAM!