Tuesday, March 8, 2011

UFO Club: 38, 39 and 40! oh and 41

that's right, in this post I will hit the big four oh!  that is forty!  count 'em!
so I had beer number 38 by itself so I am pairing it with 39-41 so it won't be lonely, also because I had a comment last week from Travis to update my blog so I am giving him a little extra...haha so for you Travis...

Deschutes Mirror Pond Ale - 2 Stars


I remember that I ordered this beer because it was the Fire Sale - a pint of the night sort of sale at the Saucer that sells for $3.00.  I always try have the beer on the Fire Sale so that if it is disgusting, at least I didn't pay much for it.  This beer I remember, but not in a good way.  Like you grandma that insist on giving you a fifteen kisses every time you leave her house, this beer lingers.  Lingers in a way that you can't get the taste out of your mouth, which would be great if it was refreshing, unfortunately it is not. boo!


New Castle Brown Ale - 5 Stars

Wow!  By the name of this beer, the brown part, I would think that this would not be my cup of tea uhhh beer but it was great.  It is very light for a dark beer which is probably why I like it so much.  It does not feel heavy and like your just ate a horse after drinking it.  Definitely, would recommend this beer to someone looking to branch out of the light, pale ales but nervous about the decision.

Saint Arnold Texas Wheat - 5 Stars


This beer is YUMMY!  Plus all the bottle caps have fun little sayings on them - oh so just in case you didn't gather from the beginning of this sentence, I had this beer in a bottle.  Okay moving on, this beer taste like a pale ale and has a very light wheat flavor resulting in a very refreshing drink.  Check out my pictures of the caps - I def want to make little beer cap magnets out of these guys!  So much fun!

Paulaner Salvator - 1 Star


This beer was not so great.  I wrote that it was nutty and yucky....like a dirty stinky smelly sweaty hairy grizzly boy.  no thanks.  It also has a weird smell, so if you are a fan of smelling what you are consuming, I do not recommend taking a big whiff of this one....it will backfire!  Paulner is made in Muchen Germany, Germans love beer and drink it too strong for me I believe.  Also, don't go visit the Paulaner website....the background noise is like a waterfall, maybe a beer waterfall, but it will definitely give you the urge to go to the bathroom.  Oh and there are some fake laughs every now and then.


I know there is a weird underline in the Muchen spelling.....I was trying to do the U with the two dots over it but it underlined it.....so that's what you get folks!

2 comments:

hockeygator said...

To get the ü (umlaut), hold down the Option key and press the U key. Then press the letter you want the umlaut over. I don't know if it goes above any constants, but each vowel can have it: ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, & ÿ.

Jennifer said...

hahaha. SOMEONE is seriously distraught about the umlaut.