Tuesday, February 1, 2011

UFO Club: 35, 36 and 37

This night Jeffrey and I met my friend and big in my sorority out at the Flying Saucer!  It was so good to see her and catch up - it had been awhile.  I need to be more intentional about hanging out with my really good friends from college and not letting those connections fall to the wayside because I am now a grown-up, working girl.

Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale - 3 Stars


Not a bad tasting beer but it needs some UMPH!  This ale has a gentle maltiness that leaves you wanting me.  Like those really fun people that you can tell have to act a certain way with certain people - like the trapped feeling.  LET IT OUT, you know?!? The biggest fault of this beer is that it has less than 5% alcohol....so basically you get jipped!  And who wants that really?  If you are not going to give me any alcohol you better call it water and you better give it to me for free! The end.

Pilsner Urquell - 5 Stars


A beer I really like that I never knew about!  This is a light, fresh, beer - a pilsner! haha...imagine that.  This beer is brewed in the Czech Republic, which is cool.  And it is yummmmmmmy so what's not to love?  I don't write much about the beers I really like, I guess I am assuming this is the way beer is supposed to taste, which I guess may be true in my world!  Urquell baby!
 (Oh and that is Jaclyn with me, she is the best big in entire world.  I miss her)


Samuel Adam's Imperial Stout - 2 Stars


Notice how I am all over the charts in my beer choices for one night.  Which never ends well for me, yet I continue to do it.  I hope I learn that this is not okay quickly!  Anyways....this beer has a bite to it!  And a nasty one at that.  It is very dark, much like motor oil.  In fact, you could probably run your car on it.  So after a great beer this was even a bigger disappointment.  The Imperial Stout is not for this girl.


This was a fun night, I remember.
I had the 3 B's: Boyfriend, Big and Beer! haha!